Monday, August 31, 2009

Menu Planning Monday - XX

photo courtesy of cafesiam

I can't believe that by the end of this week my second born will be half way to double digits! That's right, Ethan turns 5 on Saturday. My how the years fly by! I am so blessed that I am able to spend so much time with my children since their childhood years seem to be passing so quickly. Wasn't it just yesterday that Ethan was born - wait a minute, on that note - wasn't it just yesterday that I turned 5?!?! I still remember many fond childhood memories from those early years. I don't want to miss out on these important and fun years with my own children! I hope Kevin and I are able to give the boys a fun, loving and encouraging atmosphere to remember when they are grown.

Well, our school year has officially begun . . . although it has been a very slow start. Many thanks go to my mom for taking the time last week to work on science and social studies with the boys so that I could complete a few work assignments. After studying with Mimi, the boys even got to go to the dinosaur exhibit at the zoo to reinforce what they learned about those "terrible lizards"! They had a great time and really enjoyed the fun subject. I hope the whole year can be this fun and inter-active for them.

Ok folks, it's Monday and that means it's meal planning time. Here is our menu for the week of August 31st - September 6th:
  • MONDAY - Grab a bite after viewing a house in Milford
  • TUESDAY - Tomato & Spinach Pesto Pizza (gotta use up the little bit of pesto sauce left over from last week's meal), Mini-pizza's for the boys, Raspberry-Pineapple Jello
  • WEDNESDAY - Slow Cooked Roast Beef, Potatoes, Carrots, Homemade Honey Whole Wheat Bread
  • THURSDAY - Garden Pasta Primavera, Parmesan Zucchini Strips, Crescent Rolls
  • FRIDAY - Leftovers
  • SATURDAY - Celebrate Ethan's 5th Birthday with a Picnic at the Park with Family! Hamburgers, Baked Beans, Watermelon, Fresh Veggies, Potato Chips and of course, Cake and Ice Cream!
  • SUNDAY - Lunch Out With Family

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You're so organized with that I love it. Now that I am a SAHM I am going to be getting into menu planning! Starting next week lol I need to adjust to not being a working mom anymore, WOW!