Saturday, April 11, 2009

Family Twister

I love board games. I love card games. I love party games. I love games.

I grew up playing games nearly every chance we got - it is one of the fondest gather-round-the-kitchen-table-as-a-family memories I cherish. It is a tradition I happily look forward to sharing with my own growing family. We have already tried to establish game times and even the occasional game night, but with all three boys still seven and under, there is only so much Chutes and Ladders, Go Fish, War and Candyland one can take. We've started teaching Eli some of the more advanced games (Settler's of Catan, anyone?), but we are realistically still a few years away from some serious game night competitions. However, for the time being, we do have an Autry family favorite that everyone can enjoy - TWISTER (well, I can't particularly play right now due to the simple fact that I need to breathe regularly so that I do not pass out. I do, however, make a great referee and am the official "spinner")! The boys love to play Twister and they now beg for it every time we mention playing a game. It's fun to play even if they can hardly reach across the mat and tend to "cheat" by sitting down, but it doesn't matter the details because it's the family memories that we are building that are the most important.

Can I get an "amen"?

Here are some pictures of our latest Twister game. It's so great watching the boys play together with their Daddy and have fun together as a family!

No comments: