Monday, April 20, 2009

Baby Update

I just got back from my doctor's appointment and I received both good news and bad news. The good news is that I had a non-stress test and the baby sounds healthy and happy. For this information I rejoice over and over! Also, my blood pressure is still in a good range and this is something that they are really monitoring since pre-eclampsia usually always means hypertension (however I seem to be proving this one wrong at this point in time).

On the flip side of things, my protein levels are still elevated and I must still stay on bed rest. Ugh! Do the doctor's realize that this is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE when there are three other children at home? The instructions are for me to stay in bed, laying on my left side, except to eat and use the restroom. Yeah, right. I am really trying to follow their instructions, but the closest I can seem to get is to sit in a chair and put my feet up every now and then. I'm not sure that it qualifies, but I am trying my best.

The doctor checked me and I am thrilled to know that I am now almost dilated to a 3 and the doctor said that I am beginning to efface. My cervix is completely soft. Since the bed rest is not something they see lifting anytime soon, going into labor seems like my biggest salvation right now. Of course I want the baby to "cook" as long as possible, but if she is healthy, I'd really like to go into labor naturally SOON! I pray that God sees to the timing, but I will pray that He is quick with His decision. :)

I am also excited because I am going to get the opportunity to "see" our baby again soon. I am measuring small and because of the pre-eclampsia, the doctor ordered another full ultrasound. I still have to call to set an appointment, but I think it should be within the next week. I am excited to see what a difference there will be in her development from 18 weeks to 36 weeks! It will also be comforting to be reassured once again that it is, in fact, a girl. I have the dream fairly regularly that the first ultrasound was incorrect and that the baby is actually a boy. The pictures were VERY clear the first time around, but that still doesn't make me doubt any less. It all just seems to good to be true! I will feel complete comfort and excitement once I am holding our little pink bundle in our arms.

I appreciate everyone's love, care and concern for us and for our precious baby. Thank you so much for the well-wishes and for the prayers! Your prayers are of GREAT value to me and I know I am so blessed to have so many people petitioning God on behalf of our unborn child and for our family. Please continue to pray and I will try to send along updates anytime I know anything new. My next doctor's appointment is this Wednesday (April 22) and I will be repeating the blood tests and 24 hour protein tests at that time. The results for that, however, will not be available until Friday. I will let you know if anything changes.

Now, I need to go put two little boys down for naps so that I can go obey doctor's orders and lay down. God bless!

1 comment:

Lindsey Clair said...

Oh Heather I am so sorry. You will be in my prayers. I know I went through completely different things in the past but you still need peace and comfort through this time. I am so touchy and sensitive to this pregnancy as well as my last because of everything and I think this is why I had to quit work etc. It's hard and the devil still attacks me from time to time! "Lord I pray over Heather and her sweet baby now that you would protect them both and give them strength to endure to the end of the pregnancy. We thank you for a easy delivery with no complications in the name of Jesus."

I was warned had I not quit my job that I would be put on strict bed rest, it was consuming me. I do however have to sit all the time with my feet up just to avoid contractions. Maybe we can just sit here once in a while and chat until our babies are born lol Anyways, HUGS to you Heather! You're on my mind all the time.