This recipe is an extremely easy throw-everything-in-a-pot-and-call-it-dinner type of meal, but my kids love it and it is a great way to use up leftover chicken. Since it is fairly simple, it is very easy to adjust the flavors to suit your own tastes. Enjoy!
- 2 cups rice (we love Jasmine rice)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-2 tsp. chicken seasoning (I like Zehnder's Chicken Seasoning, but any kind will do)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- shredded Cheddar cheese, optional
Prepare rice and vegetables according to package directions (substituting chicken broth for water in rice, if desired). Add soup to cooked rice, stir just to combine (do not over mix - rice will become sticky and starchy). Combine rice, vegetables, chicken and seasonings in a large pot and warm over low heat. Top with Cheddar cheese, if desired, and serve.