Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

This week should be interesting since we're expecting our first "big" snowfall expected on Tuesday-Wednesday. We're supposed to get 6-10 inches, plus it's supposed to be windy (20mph) so drifting/blowing snow could be an issue. I LOVE fresh snow and big snowstorms (as long as I'm not stuck driving in it) so I am really looking forward to the forecast. Typically, however, the meteorologists in this area over-predict, so I'm not holding my breath.

My menu this week is definitely going to be easy and comfy to reflect the cold weather. I am also trying out a new Slow Cooker recipe that I found off another blog (www.crockpot365.blogspot.com). It's sounds pretty decadent and yummy! I'll let you know what I think of the results after Tuesday.

Here's the weekly menu:

MONDAY - Baked Ham Steaks, Au Gratin Potatoes, Green Beans
TUESDAY - CrockPot Brown Sugar Chicken, Jasmine Rice, Mixed Veggies
WEDNESDAY - Parmesan Chicken, Fresh Garden Salad, Crescent Rolls
THURSDAY - Rehearsal dinner for Doug & Kait's Wedding, pizza for the boys and the sitter
FRIDAY - Loaded Baked Potatoes, Applesauce

No comments: